Our History

Our Practice was founded in 1927 as W. Cross and Co and over the years we’ve evolved into a reputable practice building strong, well-established relationships with local and regional businesses and government bodies along the way.

Michael Coxey joined the firm in 1974 and Co-Directors Peter McVeigh and Morag Browning in the mid 1980s. We are always looking to the future, developing skills and responding to the market. Which is why more recently…

  • Anthony Lewis joined us in 1998 and qualified FCCA in 2000. He leads our future direction and succession planning ensuring the next generation of business advisors.
  • We successfully merged with McAleavy & Co. in Saltney in 2009 – they had a good reputation and shared our client care values.
  • We set up Business Essentials during the recession for those clients who wanted to be more self-sufficient and manage cost.
  • Our focus on learning and development meant we achieved Investors in People Gold in 2011 (1st accountants in Wales to do so)
  • We were founder members of Wrexham Business Professionals.
  • The directors proudly head a team of dedicated professionals working for and committed to our clients.